The museum also has an extensive physical archive of images, documents and other items. For access to these archives, contact the museum.

 If you’re trying to obtain official military personnel records, contact the Kansas National Guard Military Archives.

Kansas Army/Air National Guard records from 1946 to present

WWII (1941-1946) Statement of Service (pre-DD214)

Active Duty DD214’s (1946-1991)

For discharges after 1991, contact Kansas Commission on Veterans Affairs at 785-296-3976.

To request a copy of your military records, please complete a SF180 form and fax to 785-274-1558 or mail to address above. Normally it will take 2 to 3 weeks to receive your records once the request has been received. Contact Bev Lemman at 785-274-1099 if you wish to speak to Military Archives directly.

Request Veteran’s service records from National Archives in St. Louis. Launch the eVetRecs System to start your request online. Veterans and next of kin may request records here.

Retirees after 2004 can access their Official Military Personnel File using the Human Resource CommandMy Records Portal to access their IPERMS records.

Mail requests to;

Kansas National Guard Military Archives

2722 SW Topeka Blvd.

Topeka, Kansas 66612